I installed a DSR1 in my beloved 1999 Chevrolet C1500 Suburban LS, today. I have a Sony DSX-GS80 head unit, a Rockford Fosgate P600X4 pushing the front and rear speakers and a Rockford Fosgate P1000X1BD pushing my subwoofers. Pre-install, I followed these steps:
- flashed the Bluetooth module with Weblink Desktop
- flashed the Maestro module with Weblink Desktop
- updated the DSR1 with Rockford Fosgate update utility
- I turn the DSR1 and amplifiers on with a relay to avoid overloading the head unit's turn on circuit - there is now an audible pop when my system powers up with the DSR1 installed
- GREATLY reduced subwoofer output as compared to that of my head unit
However, after connecting to the DSR1, PerfectTune informed me that the DSR1 was in "Maestro Mode". The DSR1 seems to want to stay in "Maestro Mode", as it fights me to load the settings I have stored on my phone into the DSR1. It appears to load the settings, as it fades out each individual channel while it appears that the settings are loading. Unfortunately, when I go to the either EQ section, I'm told the DSR1 is in "Maestro Mode", again.
How do I go about remedying this issue? Do I need to reflash the DSR1? Also, is there any fix for the "turn-on" pop and the abysmally low subwoofer output level? Any and all help is immensely appreciated. Thank you for your time.