2020 RAM 1500, Kenwood XR600-6DSP & Maestro AR

Group using the aCH2 and aCH3 firmwares for vehicle with premium audio * see specific firmware for full feature list.
mlobitz
New User

2020 RAM 1500, Kenwood XR600-6DSP & Maestro AR

Post by mlobitz »

Hello,

Looking for a little help finishing up my installation...

Set-Up:
  • 2020 RAM 1500 with 8.4 display, non-amplified
  • ACC-ANC-CH3 bypass harness installed
  • DSP-CH3 t-harness installed
  • Maestro AR programmed with latest firmware
  • Kenwood XR600-6DSP
  • Using extension cables as amp is mounted on back wall
Issue:
I have everything installed per the installation instructions (I think) and am at the point where I need to get into program mode to tell my truck that I have an amplifier installed. I have tried the procedure as detailed in the instructions (ignition on, parking brake on-off-on within 5 seconds) and am not getting the beep to let me know that I am in programming mode. Since it is unclear what "ignition on" means I have tried it with the ignition on run (not running) and I have tried it with the vehicle running. Is there another step I am missing? I assume I would be able to enter programming mode even if something were installed incorrectly? Please help so I can get this done and start listening to some tunes again...
Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2020 RAM 1500, Kenwood XR600-6DSP & Maestro AR

Post by Dara DeGrand »

On the t-harness, there are 3 sets of 2 pin connectors; red, black, and white. How do you have those configured? Did you connect anything to the can junction in the driver's dash? If so, which junction block did you connect to? If possible, pictures to show the junctions would be super helpful.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999
mlobitz
New User

Post by mlobitz »

I bought this setup a while back and just got around to installing it so I am going to go ahead and list all of my connections in case I am using the wrong extension harness in each location.
  • harness on back of stereo is connected to black extension cable, which is connected to the amp
  • Maestro is connected to amp using data cable
  • Maestro is run back to the front of the cab using the mesh covered extension
  • mesh extension is connected to included 3-way splitter (behind dash)
  • black connector on 3-way splitter is connected to CAN cable (red and white are not connected)
  • CAN cable is run to open slot on green CAN junction under driver side of dash
  • nothing is connected to the black, red, or whit connectors on the t-harness
  • ANC is installed in correct location under drivers seat
I don't have any pics or the ability to take them as I put the existing stereo harness back in so I could listen to music in the mean time... this is my daily driver.

Thanks,
Mike
Last edited by mlobitz on Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

mlobitz wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:04 am I bought this setup a while back and just got around to installing it so I am going to go ahead and list all of my connections in case I am using the wrong extension harness in each location.

• black connector on 3-way splitter is connected to CAN cable (red and white are not connected)
The harness's white 2 pin connectors need to be hooked up, white to white. Without that, the module cannot turn on.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep”