Detecting Hardware, FOREVER

Find answers to common installation issues with the WebLink Updater.
fridayaudio
New User

Detecting Hardware, FOREVER

Post by fridayaudio » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 pm

I need to install a Maestro Rr for a customer tomorrow, only I can't get the thing programmed. It has been sitting on Detecting Hardware for about an hour now. I assume that is not right. The computer does see it plugged in, the green light is on, but it just sits telling me to please wait. I am using IE11 on Windows 7 32bit. What is missing??? I find it very inconvenient trying to program these when they require outdated browsers. VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Detecting Hardware, FOREVER

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:59 am

Look at your RR- on the back label, is there a white sticker with a serial number? I suspect this one doesn't have this sticker. A few RRs slipped through quality control without being programmed. If this is the case, you need to exchange your module through the distributor where you ordered your product. I'm so sorry about this!
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Jocko
New User

Re: Detecting Hardware, FOREVER

Post by Jocko » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:13 pm

I have this same issue. The RR I have does not have the sticker with serial #.

I can't tell you how frustrating this is. You need to get this out to ALL of your distributors and have them check for these unprogrammed units.

Now the distributor or myself have to foot the bill for shipping but the most FRUSTRATING thing is the lost time!

Return to “Weblink Updater”