Falsely reporting one tire as flat

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Falsely reporting one tire as flat

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 am

When you remote start the vehicle, does the radio power up? If it doesn't, that is likely the issue. The radio needs to be powered up by the remote start's accessory circuit to keep the RR from conflicting with the starter on the data lines.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

rwharris
New User

Post by rwharris » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm

It does not!

Good to know. I'll pass that along.

Thanks!

Rick

rwharris
New User

Post by rwharris » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi Dana,

The installer fixed the power feed to the radio and reconnected the ODB2 pin, so I have the TPMS back!

Getting back to your last suggestion before getting side-tracked:
The R&D tech would like you to try something a little different. Instead of going into the Vehicle Info Settings, go to the regular vehicle info screen, and hit the setup button on that screen. You might see the "set tire location" menu if you access it that way.
I tried navigating through the settings menu and hitting the settings button on the Vehicle Info screen. I get the same menu both places -- without the option to set the tire locations.

Thanks,

Rick

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:46 am

When you're doing this, is your ignition at least in the on position? It has to be on or have the engine running (not in accessory) for this menu to show.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

rwharris
New User

Post by rwharris » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:21 am

Yes, I have tried it both in the On position and with the engine running just in case. Is there some other condition that needs to be met, like having the parking break set?

Inputs and Outputs reads:

Key Position is Ignition
Foot Brake is Off
Parking Break is Off
Gear is Park

Do these look correct?

Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:42 am

It sounds like the vehicle is in the proper condition to show those menus. Just to make sure, can we check in both menus (The Vehicle Setup, and the Setup menu from the vehicle info screen) to see if they show up? Could you snap a picture of each of those screens so I can show the engineers? If there's a bug, it really helps to have them see what the radio is showing.

Thanks,
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

rwharris
New User

Post by rwharris » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Sure thing. I did both while the car was running.

First I went through the settings menu:

Settings -> OEM Settings -> Maestro Settings -> Vehicle Info Settings

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x8etbydy6gjt ... ttings.jpg

Then I went directly to the Vehicle Info display and hit the settings button:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x8etbydy6gjt ... ttings.jpg

All images are available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x8etbydy6gjt ... LnpGa?dl=0.

(Sorry about the glare)

Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:43 am

One thing for you to try, which sounds kind of silly- Pioneer doesn't give you arrows to scroll down through their menus. View your vehicle info screen, hit the settings, and then you have to flick down to scroll down the screen. "Set Tire Location" should be there, it might just be hidden because you have to force the screen to scroll down.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

rwharris
New User

Post by rwharris » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:29 pm

OK, that's not silly at all, because I went to the screen, scrolled down, and there it was!

Other screens, such as the main settings menu, have a scrollbar to indicate there are more items on the menu. But not this one. Go figure.

Thanks again for all your help!

Rick

asharay
New User

Post by asharay » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:36 pm

This post helped me to take care of my TPMS light as well. I never thought that I had to set tire location for each tire. When I had it learn the tire location, i found that spare is the one with low pressure and problem was solved within minutes after that. Thanks.

rwharris
New User

Post by rwharris » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:57 pm

I stopped on the way home from work and set my tire locations. I also had low pressure in the spare.

I'm glad this thread was able to help somebody else as well!

taacoma
New User

Post by taacoma » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:44 pm

Dara DeGrand wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 am
When you remote start the vehicle, does the radio power up? If it doesn't, that is likely the issue. The radio needs to be powered up by the remote start's accessory circuit to keep the RR from conflicting with the starter on the data lines.
My pin 7 confilcts also causing no data also and it doesnt matter if its remote start or key start and my radio turns on when the truck starts.

rwharris
New User

Post by rwharris » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Do you have the radio's power wire connected to "ignition" or "accessory"? Was the remote start installed after the radio? In my case it was, and the radio was still connected to ignition, not the accessory line from the remote start unit. Once it was changed to accessory the pin 7 conflict went away and the TPS started working.

taacoma
New User

Post by taacoma » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:07 am

rwharris wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:07 pm
Do you have the radio's power wire connected to "ignition" or "accessory"? Was the remote start installed after the radio? In my case it was, and the radio was still connected to ignition, not the accessory line from the remote start unit. Once it was changed to accessory the pin 7 conflict went away and the TPS started working.
Remote start and viper was before the maestro. The maestro is wired wire for wire per the diagram on the install. My radio turns on with remote start so no issue with that. Do you happen to know what bypass module you have for your remote start ?

rwharris
New User

Post by rwharris » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:51 am

Sorry, I don't. I can just tell you that the Maestro wiring wasn't the issue, it was the wiring between the remote start and the radio. The radio worked just fine connected to the ignition, started when the car started, either directly or via the remote start. The only issue was the pin 7 conflict with the Maestro.

The pin 7 conflict didn't go away until the remote start installer switched the radio to the accessory line.

I hope this helps...

Return to “Toyota”