Track/Tune buttons Keep Resetting in Kia Soul Problem

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
Tygarys
New User

Track/Tune buttons Keep Resetting in Kia Soul Problem

Post by Tygarys » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:41 pm

I had a Maestro SW installed in my Kia Soul with a Pioneer AVH X391BHS Radio. Most of the buttons work fine, but when using the track up/down buttons they will work fine for about the first few minutes, then start to reset constantly. Basically when you hit the up button, it will bounce back to the first preset almost immediately and not allow you to go to the next one, or maybe allow me to get to the second before resetting back to 1. The same happens with the down button. I almost always have to use the screen to get to the middle presets as I can never get them to work past the first or second presets before the unit resets back to 1 or 6. I have already checked the wiring and tried to re-flash the unit without success.

Any ideas?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Track/Tune buttons Keep Resetting in Kia Soul Problem

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:42 am

This sounds like it is likely a radio issue, and here's why: We don't know what source or preset you're on. When you hit the volume/tune/source/etc. button, we simply send the command that you programmed the SW to do. There is no steering wheel code that would make it jump back to the first preset, so it sounds like the radio is taking the "preset up" command and doing something goofy with it.

To make sure there's nothing else going on in the vehicle, let's check this:

When it's working normally and you hit the track up button, how many blinks do you get on the SW?

When it's not working properly and you hit the track up button, how many blinks do you get on the SW?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro SW”