No Microphone When RR-SU1 Installed

botenredwolf
New User

No Microphone When RR-SU1 Installed

Post by botenredwolf » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:51 pm

Criticals: 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R with Harman/Kardon Bluetooth, replaced with Kenwood DMX7704S.

All integration seems to work properly, however, the Kenwood's microphone doesn't work, and this is new with the Maestro RR installation. I believe I followed the instructions in the pamphlet to the letter, so I'm not sure where we went wrong here. Ideas?

billr
ADS Team

Re: No Microphone When RR-SU1 Installed

Post by billr » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:32 am

make sure the microphone is plugged into the right port in the back of the Kenwood. If it is and you are still having issues I would recommend contacting the place you purchased the radio from to see if they can send you a replacement mic to see if that is the issue otherwise it might be something in the Kenwood radio. You may also give Kenwood a call to see what they recommend.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

botenredwolf
New User

Re: No Microphone When RR-SU1 Installed

Post by botenredwolf » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Yeah, I thought I may have damaged the microphone when removing it from the old car, so I purchased a replacement from one of Kenwood's parts retailers (PacParts).

There's only two connections on the back of that radio where a 1/8" T/S or T/R/S plug can go into, and one is used by the RR and the mic goes into the other, but I can pull it all out and check again. Also going to check without the RR hooked in and see if it's any different. Was first posting to see if it was anything someone else had come across before.

Return to “SU1 radio replacement solution”