2017 Forester XT HK/NAV - No TPMS on DNX995S

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware* see specific firmware for full feature list.
davensuem
New User

2017 Forester XT HK/NAV - No TPMS on DNX995S

Post by davensuem » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:36 pm

Have a 2017 Forester XT Touring with HK and NAV. Just installed the Maestro MR along with the HRN-RR-SU2 harness with a Kenwood DNX995S. I also used the ACC-SAT-T02 for connections to OEM GPS and XM antennas (fit/worked perfect).

For proper radio reception I did have to remove the blue wire on the SU2 6-pin harness (I soldered the Kenwood harness blue wire to the SU2 blue wire and the Kenwood harness blue/white wire to the SU2 blue/white). Before taking the blue wire out of the 6 pin harness I did not receive any AM stations and only really strong FM stations; once I removed the blue wire (as seen in other posts on forum), I could use the seek button and had great reception again.

Everything seems to be working fine (steering wheel controls, backup camera) except for the TPMS - shows as NA on all 4 tires. The gauges seem to be working fine (RPM, fuel, etc.) and on the TPMS screen, the doors will indicate properly if opened and the battery voltage is showing - just no TPMS data.

I have NOT gone through the learning process for each tire - is this required for the data to show up?

Thanks in advance - your gear is fantastic and this forum has been a big help so far!
Dave

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2017 Forester XT HK/NAV - No TPMS on DNX995S

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:35 am

In subaru, you do need to drive a bit to wake up the TPMS before it will send any info and show on the screen; my WRX does the same thing.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

davensuem
New User

Post by davensuem » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:06 am

Thank you - that was exactly it! Took a quick drive around the block and they now show.

I noticed my STARLINK light is red and then I remembered I forgot to connect the carside pink wire to the brown STARLINK wire on the SU2 harness. Assuming that will change the light to green - will fix that up tonight. Does that also enable muting of the radio sound when you press the STARLINK button for assistance?

Thanks again,
Dave

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:25 am

Yes; that starlink wire mutes so that you can hear it when you engage starlink.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

davensuem
New User

Post by davensuem » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:21 pm

I connected the car side pink wire to the SU2 STARLINK wire (as indicated in the instructions) and the red light on the STARLINK console is now green and when pressing the button the front speakers switch to the STARLINK audio and the rear speakers reduce volume pretty significantly (but not all the way muted) - guessing that is the expected behavior?

Also, playing around with the “B” connector that was not used in this setup, the car side pink STARLINK connector slides right into the “B” connector - there is extra room but it connects perfectly. I was then able to connect the “B” side wire to the SU2 wire without having to strip into the car harness wire. I used some Tessa tape to keep them together. Time will tell I suppose if that stays connected but I think it should work well.

Thanks again for all of your help - everything is working perfectly!

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Great to hear!!!
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Subaru”