Cannot connect via bluetooth

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
DaveST
New User

Re: Cannot connect via bluetooth

Post by DaveST » Wed May 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Whether in the car or just running off 12v on a test bench, the dsr1 is only visible for about 5 seconds after power up in the Bluetooth screen of the perfect tune app. Pressing the bluetooth button in the app to search again does not cause it to appear. It really seems like the Bluetooth in the dsr1 just shuts off after a few seconds. My Android devices see the same thing. The dsr1 appears for a few seconds, then disappears.

Now let me throw this out there. Immediately after unboxing the dsr1 I connected it to 12v on a test bench in my house because I wanted to play around with it before installing it in my car. It connected to my Android phone and I played around for a minute. Everything seemed good but again, it was only for a minute or so. Next I connected it to my PC and using the dsr1 updater I updated to 1.4.4. I believe it said it came with 1.4.3. When I went to flash the maestro portion I started with the BLE update, then flashed the Ford focus software. Then I went out to my car and that where this no Bluetooth all started. Since I'm 99% sure it connected to my phone properly out of the box prior to the updates it makes me think there's a software problem but since I can't go back to the original firmware I don't know.

z4gunn
New User

Post by z4gunn » Thu May 10, 2018 11:46 am

Once you flash the device for Maestro app (e.g. Ford) the BLE will only work if the device is plugged into the vehicle with the correct harness. Also the radio needs to be on and communicating with the device. You should see the green and white LED blinking continuously if the radio and DSR1 are communicating properly. The device should always be discoverable while the LED is blinking green and white. One the APP connects and you start adjusting sliders you should see the LED blink blue which indicates proper communication over Bluetooth. Can you see the LED blinking green when installed into the vehicle harness with the radio on? Are other radio functions working? (e.g. volume, chimes, etc)?

The only way to test it on the bench is to re-flash it into universal mode. The device should always be discoverable over Blueototh if the DSR1 is powered by +12V and remote turn lead is connected to +12V.

// Rockford Engineering

DaveST
New User

Post by DaveST » Thu May 10, 2018 12:16 pm

I just flashed the dsr1 to universal mode like you mentioned so I could see if my devices connect over Bluetooth. Both my iPad and Android phone connect great and the light flashes when I move sliders in the perfect tune app. Nice! Then I flashed the Ford focus software and brought it back it to the car. I plugged it in with the car off. When I plugged it in the light flashes green then turns off. Once I start the car it goes solid white and never changes. The volume knob on my stereo does nothing. Steering wheel controls work but volume won't go up past zero. It doesn't seem like it's communicating with the car. I don't have anything connected to the outputs of the dsr1. Not sure if that matters. Could my aFO2 cable be bad? It looks like it has some unused connectors in the middle.

DaveST
New User

Post by DaveST » Thu May 10, 2018 2:30 pm

I checked my cable with a multimeter and it looks good. Every pin at one end has continuity with the pins at the other end. The only thing I noticed was that there are two wires coming from the gray connector on the afo2 (brown with red and brown with yellow) that don't go anywhere. They end at an unused connector on the afo2 cable. The vehicle side harness does have pins in those locations so they are used on the factory amp. My cable is dated 2017/03/13 ver 0.70.

DaveST
New User

Post by DaveST » Thu May 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Got it working! The "unused" connector on the cable i mentioned plugs into the dsr1. I was missing that all along. I just had the other plug connected to the dsr1 not realizing there were 2 that needed to be connected. Thanks!!!

Return to “Maestro DSR1”