Ford Explorer -DSR1 - High-Pitched Whine on Right Front Door

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
wharriso
New User

Ford Explorer -DSR1 - High-Pitched Whine on Right Front Door

Post by wharriso » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:57 pm

Hello All!

I installed the DSR1 and a Rockford Fosgate R600x5 amp to replace the Sony amp on my 2016 Explorer with the Ford Harness. First, I had a low hum coming from the dashboard. Then a few minutes later, this loud high-pitched whine took the place of music out of the passenger side front speaker. The noise starts when you open the one of the front doors and gets louder when you start the car. I tried swapping the left and right audio output wires from the DSR1 to the R600x5 amp to see if the problem would move to the other door, it did. That test eliminated the amp. I plugged the 3 harnesses back into the original Sony amp and the problem was completely gone, that eliminates the head unit so the problem is the DSR1. I am doing one "unusual" thing, I only have one channel for a subwoofer in my amp so I am leaving one of the channels coming out of the DSR1 harness disconnected. But that should have nothing to do with the front door connection. Anyone have any ideas?

MorningZ
New User

Re: Ford Explorer -DSR1 - High-Pitched Whine on Right Front Door

Post by MorningZ » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:24 am

I’ve had the same exact high pitches whine since my install of DSR1, I thought it was my amp that was the cause, but now with another having same issue maybe it’s not

wharriso
New User

Re: Ford Explorer -DSR1 - High-Pitched Whine on Right Front Door

Post by wharriso » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Did you try disconnecting the the noisy channel from the amp? That's what I did and it sounds great now. I just moved things around so there is no sound coming from the rear passenger door. Even the sub-woofer sounds great.

Return to “Maestro DSR1”