Mazda Support

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
Eggz
New User

Mazda Support

Post by Eggz » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:09 am

I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5 and a 2017 Mazda 3 - both Grand Touring. The Maestro website has user guides for these cars in the downloadable PDF wiring guide. What about the harness and firmware? Please help! This is the only thing preventing me from buying now.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Mazda Support

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:21 am

The guides you found are for the Maestro RR, not the DSR1. We are looking into Mazda to see about covering it, but we are not sure yet. Ultimately, for us to cover it, the car would have to be equipped with a digital amp. If you've got an analog stereo system, or a non-digital version of bose, you can use the DSR1 as a standalone product.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Eggz
New User

Post by Eggz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:09 am

My 2016 CX-5 and 2017 Mazda 3 (GT w/Bose) both have digital map navigation available. It activates with a Mazda SD card; otherwise menu greys out nav options.

I have analog amps and want to retain the stock stereo interface (i.e. no new deck). It's a full system with Rockford, JL, and Infinity Kappa and sound skins on all metal body-surfaces. The main drawback is putting DSPs behind the factor amp's signal. Can I use it to just bypass with factor amp without noticing any change in the factor tech and controls (e.g. steering wheel, usb, etc.)?

I wouldn't mind making my own harness, so long as the unit could correctly address properly-wired inputs from the car.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:23 am

The navigation radio isn't relevant. When I say "digital", i'm talking about how the OEM amplifier works. If it is controlled via data, then it's something we might cover. Based on what I've seen looking at schematics, it doesn't appear to be a digital amp. That said, you could still wire the DSR1 standalone without one of our harnesses. Ultimately, if it's not a digital amplifier, it's unlikely we'll make a harness or a firmware for it, but the DSR1 will still work on its own as a processor.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Eggz
New User

Post by Eggz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:01 am

I see. Would doing that cut factory controls from the steering wheel and other places? I'm not sure how to see if the amp itself is digital. Do you have one to test? I've also spent a lot of time looking at Mazda's documentation, and it isn't very transparent. Getting your hands on the stuff with some testing tools is way more efficient.

Anyway, if having a digital amp is the key, will you be supporting the new Tesla Model 3 coming out? Mine is coming next year, and it's the same story for about a half-million other orders (and counting). That's a good, American-made money making opportunity for you guys. I know from people who work with and for Tesla that Tesla will send a sample Model 3 for testing to partners looking to make integration products before the Model 3 scales up production so partners' products will be ready to sell at that time. I might actually start a different thread for this if there's any chance of iDatalink looking into it.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:08 am

If there are data lines running to the amp, then it's probably digital. Most digital amps only have 2 channels of signal that run from the radio to the amp. From there, the radio digitally controls the amp, and tells it how to split the signal, fade and balance, etc.

We may cover Tesla in the future, but I wouldn't hold your breath just yet. When we look at what we're developing next, it comes down to how many vehicles are sold, and the likelihood of people putting in new amplifiers/radios/etc. Because of that, Dodge, Jeep, Toyota, and Chevrolet are going to be the first makes we cover.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Eggz
New User

Post by Eggz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:24 pm

When you say that the DSR1 can work on its own as a processor, do you mean that it's possible to place in-line after the amp? If so, that could be pretty cool, and I'd consider using it instead of the Audio Control DM-810.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:49 pm

You can remove your OEM amp and put the DSR in its place. It will take the signal from the OEM radio, process it,and then send signal to the new amp.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro DSR1”