Permanent MPH meter error

reanard
New User

Permanent MPH meter error

Post by reanard » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:09 pm

I have a 2008 Honda Mugen Civic Si Non-Nav, that have been recently upgraded with Alpine iLX-107 connected to Maestro RR with HO1 harness. I Know this system is very new, so I would like to point that a few errors that I have encountered so far. First, under gauges, the permanent MPH meter on the top of the center gauge gives me a false display. The MPH displayed is always lower than the actual MPH shown by the car. I'm not sure what causing this because when I select the MPH gauge, that particular gauge is in sync with the car speedo. But just that permanent MPH meter is always off, reading it lower than the actual speed. I have a picture that I can post here showing the MPH meter displaying 31MPH, but the MPH gauge below it is showing 49MPH. Now the faster I go, the lower that reading is compared to the actual speed. Hopefully I'm able to properly post the pic here. Thank you.

Last edited by reanard on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

reanard
New User

Re: Permanent MPH meter error

Post by reanard » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:22 am

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:54 am

Thanks for the picture. We are aware of it, and we're working on it. Long story short- we're based in canada, so our testing is done on canadian vehicles. We are locating a car in the US to do some readings to rectify this, as it looks like the coding is different. I'll update here when we've got a modified version of the firmware.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

reanard
New User

Post by reanard » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Thanks Dara, I'm glad that you guys are aware of it, therefore I'll wait for the firmware update. Another issue that I like to point out is that I have noticed that the TPMS, at least in my experience have roughly a 75% chance of connecting. I know that sometimes it takes a couple of minutes after starting the car, or to drive a short distance for the TPMS to show pressure, but sometimes it doesn't connect at all. I have confirmed that the RR connection is all good, and that my TPMS sensor is in good working condition, so maybe there is another glitch or something else that we have to figure out.

Last but not least, is a request for more customization on the gauges screen. My Si interior and dashboard is a mixture of red and white lights. It would be nice if we can change the color of the gauges (from the standard blue/white) to reflect the interior lights of our individual cars. Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:53 pm

I will ask the engineer on Monday about the TPMS issues.

Unfortunately, the gauges screens are designed by each radio manufacturer, which is why each radio brand's gauges screen looks slightly different. This would be something to ask Alpine about.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

reanard
New User

Post by reanard » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:14 pm

Just checking up any update on the mph error or anykind of update that I’m not aware of? Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:41 am

Upon further investigation, the information in that top gauge is pulled and shown by alpine. They added this to the gauges screen without any collaboration from us, so this is not a firmware bug on our end. They simply pull vehicle speed from either a VSS or a GPS antenna and show it on that section of the radio, so it doesn't look like this is maestro related.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “HO1 radio replacement solution”