Installing Maestro rr into a 2007 Honda Civic Ex W/nav

Group using the HO1 and HO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Adamator
New User

Installing Maestro rr into a 2007 Honda Civic Ex W/nav

Post by Adamator » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:32 am

Hey all

First time poster. Got my first Maestro unit a few days ago along with my first aftermarket radio in a decade. I loved that my car had Nav when I got it but now it sits idle as I just use my iPhone.

So I got a new Pioneer 1330NEX and discovered the Maestros. I didn’t even know something like these existed! Anyway I got the parts I need. The radio, my Maestro rr, and. My HO1 harness. I’ve been spending tonight getting the HO1 harness wired up the the radio harness. I believe I am all set with the wiring but wanted to make sure I am clear on a few things:

Probably most important. This radio requires a light green wire to be tapped into the parking brake. However since I have the Maestro, the diagram I followed for my specific combo of radio, car, and harness said I actually connect that to one of the wires on the HO1. So I did. Does that mean I will not need to tap that wire into the ebrake?

On my wiring diagram, there is a mention of an “orange/red” wire that somehow connects to a green wire from the car. (The diagram on this specific spot is confusing. )This orange/red wire on the HO1 IS labeled Bluetooth, which my car in its current form does not have. Can I ignore this wire?

Lastly, the maestro rr itself seems to of came with a lot of wires in its box I won’t be using. Is that normal? If these setups require you to buy a specific vehicle harness, why does the maestro even come with wires? I know I will use a few of them. But a lot I won’t.

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Adamator on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

billr
ADS Team

Re: Installing Maestro rr into a 2007 Honda Civic Ex W/nav

Post by billr » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:28 am

well hello and welcome. The Light Green wire coming off our T harness would connect to the Light Green of your Pioneer radio, no need to run another wire to the parking brake.

as for the Orange/Red wire, you are correct, that is to retain your Bluetooth buttons, which would not be applicable since you don't have them, so just tape up that Orange/Red wire.

The Maestro piece will have a couple of harnesses that you don't use and that's because they are already wired into your T harness, just saves you time. The Maestro is used in a wide variety of applications and some of those applications do not have a T harness solution, so that's why we supply the harness. I would recommend to just keep them in the Maestro box for safe keeping just in case your next vehicle needs them. Just follow the install instructions and you will have your Pioneer installed in no time.
Bill
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Adamator
New User

Post by Adamator » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:51 am

Good evening Bill,

Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful. I had the time to install my new receiver this evening as well as the Maestro. Overall it went really well but I do have an issue.

On my Honda Civic’s steering wheel, there is a voice and a back button. I gave both of them commands when I flashed my Maestro rr but those 2 buttons don’t do anything. (All the other buttons on my steering wheel work fine.) Do you happen to know why those don’t work? I programmed the voice button to activate SIRI, since that made the most sense to me. But it doesn’t work. Could I have missed a plug or maybe one is loose?

The flashing gave me the option to program those 2 buttons so I figured they would work.

Also when I find my car, Maestro, and radio on the site, it shows all the features I get. It mentions these:

SATELLITE RADIO
Meta Data Display
Recall Presets
Store Presets
Direct Tuning
Category Seek

But I am confused as to exactly what that means? My old radio did have xm radio and my new pioneer is xm READY but to my knowledge I need an external tuner for it to work. So how does maestro give me satellite radio functions without a satellite radio?

Thank you

Adamator
New User

Post by Adamator » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:55 pm

I know my other post hasn’t been approved but I think I know what my issue is.

On step 2 of the installation instructions it says:

Connect the ORANGE/RED wire from the HO1 T-harness to the GREEN wire in pin 4 of the factory harness.

I didn’t do that step. I thought I didn’t need to. But that’s exactly what I need to get my voice and back button on my steering wheel to work. Even though my car didn’t have Bluetooth, it did have voice commands via that button.

Does that sound right to you? Also how do I connect a wire to a single PIN of a plug? I’ve never done that.

Return to “Honda”