New install with RR and T01 2013 Highlander

jasonsf
New User

New install with RR and T01 2013 Highlander

Post by jasonsf » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:45 am

Hi. I just installed a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX in my 2013 Highlander. It is working extremely well. I have 3 questions, though.

1) In the installation guide for my vehicle, Step 5 says "NOTE: In Pioneer radios: plug Audio cable in auxiliary input of the radio." I did this, but is there no place to plug the dash Aux-in 3.5mm audio jack now? I'm not likely to use this input, but I'm still curious as to why the T01 audio cable uses the AUX input of the pioneer unit. What is feeding the audio to those cables if it isn't the 3.5mm jack in the car?

2) When I long-press the Up/Down arrows on the left side of the steering column, the UP button appears to go to the next HD channel "down" in the list and the down arrow moves the channel UP. Did I choose the wrong option when flashing? Or is this the correct behavior? I would expect Up to move physically up, but I guess UP goes numerically up (1 -> 2) etc. Not a problem, just the opposite of what I expected.

3) The Phone buttons on the steering wheel don't appear to do anything. (I'm using an Android- Samsung Galaxy S6.) I haven't tried them while I'm on a call, but the on-hook/off-hook buttons don't do anything to initiate a call. Same behavior whether USB and Bluetooth or just bluetooth. Android Auto works fine so I know the usb connection is working.

Thanks again. Despite these issues, I am very satisfied with the functionality of the unit!

Jason

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: New install with RR and T01 2013 Highlander

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:18 pm

Jason,

1) With the way you have your module configured that audio cable doesn't serve any purpose, so you could remove the RR's audio cable and connect the AUX from the t-harness there instead.

2) It's semantics.... Going up a preset takes you to the next one in the list. Example: If you are on preset 1, going up a preset would take you to the next one, which is preset 2. This is the way Pioneer wrote the code for their steering wheel protocol.

3) Your configuration looks a little weird. Your voice button is empty- that is where I would put voice/siri, as a single press, with "none" for press and hold. As it is configured now, it will not work, because the voice button needs a VERY long press in order to activate. This is what you would use to initiate a call.

Answer will simply answer if a call is coming in, and hang up will reject an incoming call, or hang up if you are on a call.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

jasonsf
New User

Post by jasonsf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Dara DeGrand wrote:Jason,

1) With the way you have your module configured that audio cable doesn't serve any purpose, so you could remove the RR's audio cable and connect the AUX from the t-harness there instead.

2) It's semantics.... Going up a preset takes you to the next one in the list. Example: If you are on preset 1, going up a preset would take you to the next one, which is preset 2. This is the way Pioneer wrote the code for their steering wheel protocol.

3) Your configuration looks a little weird. Your voice button is empty- that is where I would put voice/siri, as a single press, with "none" for press and hold. As it is configured now, it will not work, because the voice button needs a VERY long press in order to activate. This is what you would use to initiate a call.

Answer will simply answer if a call is coming in, and hang up will reject an incoming call, or hang up if you are on a call.
Thanks for your reply.

1) So, to clarify, I can run the audio cable from the dash 3.5mm input to the Pioneer aux directly and ignore the cables from the RR, right? That sounds good, thanks.

2) :D

3) For some reason, I do not have a voice button on my steering wheel. There is a blank there instead of a button. That's why I programmed the long-press. Did I choose the wrong configuration? I didn't see an option that actually matched my steering wheel. The long-press DOES work now and it doesn't seem excessively wrong.

And, yes, I tested the hang up/answer buttons and they work as you describe.

Jason

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:42 am

1) Plug the AUX RCAs from the TO1 harness into the AUX of the Pioneer. You will need a RCA to 3.5mm adapter.

3) If it works, great- you must be lucky. Generally, the configuration normally wouldn't work the way you have it configured. But if it's good, no need to mess with it. :-)
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

jasonsf
New User

Post by jasonsf » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:28 am

Thanks again. I'll take a look at changing my aux cables. And I meant to say the voice long-press works and doesn't seem excessively LONG, not wrong, lol. I'll keep it the way it is.

Thanks for the great product and great support.

Jason

Theodore
New User

Post by Theodore » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanks for the explanation

Return to “TO1 radio replacement solution”