Stereo preset station seek not an option on steering wheel control?

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
phillie
New User

Stereo preset station seek not an option on steering wheel control?

Post by phillie » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:48 am

I have a 2008 Toyota tundra. Kenwood dmx7704s deck. T01 adaptor. Everything works EXCEPT there is no radio preset station up and down option when setting up the steering wheel controls. Theres a regular tuning seek but thats not what I'm looking for. As you can imaging I have to lean over and navigate through the touch screen which is not ideal since i have steering wheel controls. All the options I set are operational. I just cant believe that the option to search through the preset stations isn't there. Is it me or is there a way to set it up that I missed?

I just installed the deck and the idatalink last week. Thanks in advance.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Stereo preset station seek not an option on steering wheel control?

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:03 am

That is a kenwood thing- there is no way to set preset for the steering wheel controls; the only option is seek up and down. However- You can change the seek mode in the radio settings, and that will change what the steering wheel and seek buttons do when you hit seek (you can change it to scroll through presets, regular seek, etc). I hope this helps!
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Shirleygirl
New User

Post by Shirleygirl » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:45 am

I just installed the same Kenwood in my 2008 Rav 4 and was wondering the same thing. Can you tell me how to change the SEEK mode in the radio setting? I find this annoying that the steering wheel control for the preset station seek is not an option.

Thank you,

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:38 am

It's a Kenwood setting. The settings menus change depending on the model. I recommend referring to your Kenwood owner's manual or contacting Kenwood for assistance in explaining the available settings.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Toyota”