New User

2017 Jeep Wrangler, 4200NEX, hands free Android

Post by reason » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:52 am

2017 Jeep Wrangler Automatic
Pioneer 4200NEX
CH1 harness
No amplifier
Android phone

VR/Phone buttons on steering will say "No BT/USB connection available".

I read the pdf for a Pioneer install and it says that if I use the uConnect bluetooth it will let me retain hands free calling on the steering wheel. I have flashed the Maestro RR with the default button settings and the checkbox for uConnect to stay on.

I removed my old radio and connected the Pioneer to my phone using the 2nd USB port (per Pioneer instructions). The phone is connected to both uConnect and Pioneer BT and both show as voice/media.

Troubleshooting:

I have tried turning bluetooth off/on for the radio, different usb cables direct to the radio, and turning the OEM bluetooth off/on.

I unpaired my phone from uConnect and the radio. When I try to repair the phone to uConnect it says invalid pin, but I can't find any uConnect pin.

Trying to turn the OEM BT back on results in "Should not use OEM BT with Android Auto".

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2017 Jeep Wrangler, 4200NEX, hands free Android

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:17 am

That message is normal when you hit the VR button if you don't have anything paired. If you hit the Phone button, do you hear the uConnect lady talking to you?

If not, give us a call at the tech support line in our signature, because we've got a few troubleshooting things we need to go over.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “CH1 radio replacement solution”