uConnect RES-> JVC KW-830BT: What the FAKRA!?

AimingForAngels
New User

uConnect RES-> JVC KW-830BT: What the FAKRA!?

Post by AimingForAngels » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:28 pm

So I'm in the process of finishing an installation in my '12 Grand Cherokee with the uConnect RES radio.
I'm swapping in a JVC KW-830BT with the Maestro RR and CH1 kit and I'm realizing that there are 2 separate FAKRA antenna wires that are plugged into my stock radio but the included antenna adapter can obviously only receive a single connection. One stock wire has a white terminal and the other is tan.

I guess my question is:
Which of the two is AM/FM?
If so, does that make the other connection my SAT antenna?
How do I go about connecting both to the new head unit?

I've seen a couple Y-Cable adapters that look like they could receive 2 connections and leave you with a single FAKRA connection which I can use for the supplied antenna adapter. Is this my solution or is it impossible to join the two signals together and maintain functionality?

Any help is appreciated

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: uConnect RES-> JVC KW-830BT: What the FAKRA!?

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 am

If memory serves, I believe the white one is AM/FM. To be sure, you can plug your OEM radio back in, turn the radio on, and unplug the white antenna. If the reception drops out, then that's definitely the AM/FM.

If you're adding satellite radio, you would need to purchase a new satellite tuner, and the SAT1 would plug into that. A Y-adapter would not work.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “CH1 radio replacement solution”