2010 Silverado 1500 with avh-4200nex

Visdomr
New User

2010 Silverado 1500 with avh-4200nex

Post by Visdomr » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:54 am

I have the above vehicle and in-dash. I am using the maestro rr with the required gm5+ module. My problem is i do everything exactly how the directions say, but it seems the maestro doesnt get a remote signal from my vehicle harness although my harness has it. I was running the nex with an old onstar retaining only pac module and everything was fine. When i took our the pac and wired up the maestro now nothing radio/stereo related turns on. I have tried a few things on my own, running an independent remote wire etc. To no avail. I comsider myself VERY experienced/knowledgable with car audio/stereos. But this has been throwing me all weekend here in hot california.linked below is a picture of the maestro with the given wire harnesses i have plugged in. No wire harness the rr nor the gm5+ came wiith fits in the red port if there is something needed, the blue port is empty because there are no instructions on the blue audio harnessed wires (a blue/green wire, and black 3.5mm cord). I have everything hooked up correctly, i dont say that out of arrogance just ive checked myself more times than i can count and also had 2 people come check my work after me and all is correct according to instructions. I have been working on this all weekend and i have no clue what is wrong. I only have 2 stereo related harnesses free, the brown one in the instructions ismt there. Plus i am running full aftermarket setup, 2 aftermarket amps, an am in-dash, and am speakers. So the speaker/rca portion is different for me as im not going to my stock wiring. Is this an issue? Any and all help is appreciated as im burnt, i was super excited to get this device for much cheaper than pac also, but this has really got me disappointed that its this difficult. I also get power plugged into my pc and can successfully flash firmware, so unless the power port on the wiring harness is broken/shorted, the rr unit works, its just not being told to turn on when my key turns. Because i have bypassed and remote works on my in dash. So somewhere the maestro isnt getting a signal to turn on.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2010 Silverado 1500 with avh-4200nex

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:56 am

Call us at the number in my signature when you have the truck apart and a few minutes to troubleshoot. Some situations are a little complex for a forum.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Visdomr
New User

Re: 2010 Silverado 1500 with avh-4200nex

Post by Visdomr » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:42 am

Dara DeGrand wrote:Call us at the number in my signature when you have the truck apart and a few minutes to troubleshoot. Some situations are a little complex for a forum.

I dont want to retype, and im sure youll see my reply on the other post since youre on that as well Dara but im copying pasting my solution i typed up and responded with there below. But NOW that its working, i have no OBD2 features. Im spliced into the correct 2 wires behind my obd2 reader, and those wires are plugged into the gm5+ connector for the OBD2 wires, but the head unit will constantly tell me "OBD2 disconnected" when its not, and i went into oem settings and set it to always enabled, but still no avail. If you have a suggestion id greatly appreciate it. Aside from that issue I am LOVING my new features with my aftermarket head unit. Its awesome to have my steering wheel controls back. Ever since i got my truck i never got to use them since ive always had an aftermarket radio and the stupid PAC unit i got never worked right.

My posted reply on another thread on this forum:

Ok well i figured out my issue. Which may or may not help OP since he was actually getting a light on the RR unit. I popped my radio fuse TWICE installing. I had nothing on, but simply plugging in maestro popped it. I noticed the first time so i swapped it out. But when i made my previous post i was assuming (yeah, go me, so much for experience right? Haha) the fuse was good because i just replaced it. I plugged in maestro unit completely THEN changed the fuse and everything works fine except i have no obd2 features. But ill save that for a seperate thread. I doubt this will work for OP but i wanted to post my solution here in case it is in fact chevy related and others have my issue.

Return to “GM5+ radio replacement solution”