2013 silverado 1500 w/ bose w/o nav, having a couple issues

boborjoe
New User

2013 silverado 1500 w/ bose w/o nav, having a couple issues

Post by boborjoe » Tue May 02, 2017 10:01 pm

I installed a new pioneer avic-8200nex in my 2013 chevy Silverado 1500 ltz using the maestro RR and the gm5+ harness. While there are some features that work fine there a handful that do not.

1. most importantly pressing basically any button on the unit or even turning the ignition between on and acc prompts either the bluetooth settings screen or Bluetooth phone screen to open. reseting the maestro module clears up this issue for a short period of time, potentially as short as 30 seconds but sometimes longer.

2. steering wheel controls don't no respond fully unless the module has been recently reset. if I reset the module they work as programed for a short period of time much like the Bluetooth issue. though when not responding correctly some long press functions do respond, mainly ones that prompt screens such as nav map and car info

3. though the module does controls the factory xm turner, there is no sound output from the turner.

4. factory oem Bluetooth calling is no longer functional.

Not sure if this is a simple as incorrect firmware flashed on module? I flashed the 2013 silverado 1500 with phone controls on wheel. these issues were present at install, I updated the pioneer avic-8200nex firmware to the most recent version (1.04) as well as the newest Bluetooth firmware for it trying to troubleshoot/correct the problem (also reset module after) but it did not help.

thoughts?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2013 silverado 1500 w/ bose w/o nav, having a couple issues

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed May 03, 2017 8:34 am

I'm willing to bet almost all of your issues are due to your audio cable being plugged into W/R instead of AUX. Move that cable over, test it out, and let me know how it works out for you.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

boborjoe
New User

Post by boborjoe » Wed May 03, 2017 6:54 pm

ok, swapped the 3.5mm to the aux input, seems to be working correctly now. the head isn't popping the Bluetooth menu, steering wheel controls are working correctly, sat radio has sound input. The only issue I seem to still have is the factory Bluetooth calling isn't working but that's not the end of the world, ill just use the head unit Bluetooth. The only reason I wanted to maintain the factory module was the mic so I didn't have to run the aftermarket mic wire and have an exposed mic instead of the hidden factory one. I'd hazard a guess that the factory Bluetooth module received its acc 12v signal from the factory radio so now its just not turning on. I did connect the remote wire to the harness concerned the factory amp might be using it, its probably more likely that it just uses the speaker high level signals to turn on though.

either way thank you for your expertise and timely response, much appreciated.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu May 04, 2017 8:54 am

The factory bluetooth is independent of the OEM radio, so it should still continue to work. However, with this radio, if you're planning on using Car Play or Android Auto, you will need to install the Pioneer microphone for those features to work. I'm glad everything else is up and running!
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “GM5+ radio replacement solution”