Volvo Beta

Section reserved for Firmwares under development
Car-Tunez
New User

Volvo Beta

Post by Car-Tunez » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:56 pm

I have a 2008 Volvo C30. I plan on using this vehicle as my submission for top installers award this year from Mobile Electronics Mag. A big part of what I want to do is swap out the factory head unit with the new Alpine Halo 9 unit and add a Meastro piece along with the k40 integration. I am confident I can make it all work together even throw there is no aftermarket solution for Volvo. My request is to work with you to find a solution, ANY solution, to get as many features as possible through this unit. The #1 issue will be integrating the factory climate controls. But There is a company call Blue Power in the UK that has successfully integrated an aftermarket screen with these controls along with steering wheel controls. So I know it is possible. I would LOVE to be able to utilize the vehicle diagnostics as well if possible. I am already using a Flash logic FLCAN in conjunction with a Viper DS4 for the Alarm system So i think if ADS can offer a coding solution for that, then they/ you can help me, help you find one for this. I know there is not much of a market for this but I am begging you to help me pull this off. If not I will be relocating the factory climate control screen to a custom pod on top of the dash and will only be using the Meastro piece to integrate the K40 system, but I would REALLY like to be able to demo the other features of that system as well if AT ALL POSSIBLE. I will gladly provide all feedback, build pics, and notes for your tech and marketing to use. I do not mind hardwiring a custom one off beta system either if that's all it ever becomes. I only ask for the chance to try.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Volvo Beta

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:04 am

The only thing we can do for you is K40 integration and gauges. As we are short-handed in R&D, have no intention of covering Volvo at this time, and don't have the resources to dedicate to it at this time, that's all we can do.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Car-Tunez
New User

Post by Car-Tunez » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Ok, that will work! what do I need to do to get that coming? Do I just get one here from my distributor and flash it normally or will I need one sent from you guys, or call you when I flash it for an off the books type of firmware?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:34 pm

The firmware for the K40 is not out yet, since the K40 unit isn't released. Once it is, we will add the K40 application to all firmwares. At that point, you will flash it as a car that does SW controls and gauges (this will give you the gauges firmware). As an example, it would work for you to flash it as a 2013 Mistubishi Lancer.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

dmhfew
New User

Post by dmhfew » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Please add momentum to Volvo integration. In my case a Kenwood DNX994S in each of a 2001 XC and a 2007 S60R.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:09 am

Like I said earlier- Based on the lack of popularity of the vehicle in the US, and the direction we're moving with our R&D, it is unlikely that we will come out with an application for Volvo anytime soon.
Dara DeGrand wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:04 am
The only thing we can do for you is K40 integration and gauges. As we are short-handed in R&D, have no intention of covering Volvo at this time, and don't have the resources to dedicate to it at this time, that's all we can do.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Beta test section”