2014 Honda Accord LX

Section reserved for Firmwares under development
Wirewinder
New User

2014 Honda Accord LX

Post by Wirewinder » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Had my radio replaced with a kenwood ddx394 and i datalink kit and a few bugs have presented themselves. Fist bug was whenever i turned my right turn signal on the factory lcd panel would go out and then come back on, ended up being a setting for right side camera that was not installed on that model, dealer changed setting and cured problem. Newest problem....sometimes the steering wheel control (volume and channel) work and sometimes they don't. Any suggestions out there, settings? Bugs? Am i doing something wrong? Suggested fixes? :|

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2014 Honda Accord LX

Post by Zack Flynn » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:30 pm

You issue is likely an intermittent connection on the steering wheel control wire(s). If there were an issue with the actual module or radio, you would have the problem all the time. If the installer used t-taps, they should be removed and another method of attaching the wires employed. If they were soldered, reflow the solder, and if they were crimped with a connector, cut the old connectors out and reinstall with new ones.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Wirewinder
New User

Re: 2014 Honda Accord LX

Post by Wirewinder » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Thanks Zack, I take it back in for a speaker upgrade in ten days and told him ahead of time what was going on, I will be sure to mention your suggestion. :D

Return to “Beta test section”