06 Jetta TDI with Pioneer Headunit - gauges not working

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
mikeb95
New User

06 Jetta TDI with Pioneer Headunit - gauges not working

Post by mikeb95 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Installed a Pioneer MVH-1400NEX headunit with the Maestro RR with the VW1 wiring harness. Everything works fine except the OBD2 connector. I confirmed the CAN+ and CAN- are correct. I updated and flashed the Maestro 2 weeks ago with latest right before install. I have a 1.9 TDI. I can change the type of engine and it will display correct RPM but will show incorrect MPH.

When I set it to 1.9 TDI, all it says is "OBD2: Not Responding Error", but if I'm on the gauges screen and shut off the engine, it then says "Ignition is OFF". As I mentioned, it works somewhat on other engines. It will also show if a door is open or not (not sure if this information if through the OBD connection).

Any hints? Thanks in advance.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 06 Jetta TDI with Pioneer Headunit - gauges not working

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:31 pm

While some information on OBD2 might be present for us to hear, the format we use to get info with the RR wasn't standardized or mandated until the 2008 Model year. The information that you get for vehicle door statuses is from the MS CAN network behind the radio, not the same network used to get gauge and CEL status from the vehicle.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Volkswagen”