Head unit will not power off

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
JimAtKSF
New User

Head unit will not power off

Post by JimAtKSF » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi all,

I have a 2010 GTI with the Maestro installed now for at least 6 months. Head Unit is a Pioneer SPH-DA120 AppRadio 4. It's been installed and working for months.

Out of nowhere this week I noticed the start getting sluggish like the battery is being drained. I realized that the head unit is never powering down and, in turn, draining the battery.

I removed the head unit to access the Maestro and unplugged the Remote power lead and viola, the unit powered off. Without reinstalling the head unit I tested starting and shutting down the car a few times and the head unit powered off as expected and like it had been for months.

Now, again, today, the head unit will not power off after the car is shut off and the steering wheel controls do not work.

Any ideas? thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Head unit will not power off

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:04 am

Have you tried resetting the Rr? To reset the RR: Unplug all connectors from the maestro. Push and hold the programming button, and keep holding it as you plug in the connectors. Hold the button until the LED flashes red, then let it go. You should see a quick solid green, and the module is reset.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Volkswagen”