2014 Beetle w/Fender Voice steering not activating Siri

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
reneult
New User

2014 Beetle w/Fender Voice steering not activating Siri

Post by reneult » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:23 am

Hello,
I am in the process of installing a Pioneer 4200NEX. All hardware connections are completed, and the maestro RR flushed, but after several flushing attempts, the voice control is not activating Siri, even when I selected voice/Siri under the configuration. When I press Pioneer shows a "!" inside a rectangle on the lower right corner of the screen. I did not include the Bluetooth during the configuration because I wanted the answering of calls to be performed trough the Pioneer unit. The gauges and car information works but those ones are also not showing when I press on the right side buttons of the steering wheel. I a m not to worried about those, but the whole idea of changing the system was to be able to activate Siri with the steering controls. Any help or advice would be great to be able to finish my installation.
Thanks

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2014 Beetle w/Fender Voice steering not activating Siri

Post by Dara DeGrand » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:39 am

Have you unplugged your OEM bluetooth module (under the passenger seat)? A lot of times that conflicts if you're trying to use the steering wheel to do aftermarket bluetooth controls.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

reneult
New User

Post by reneult » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Hello Dara,
Thanks for the fast replay. I did not. I disconnected the module, and connected the maestro again. It did not work, then what I did was to reset the maestro using the pioneer interface and flush again. After than I connected everything again (no OEM Bluetooth obviously), and did not work. Then I notice that my phone still was connecting to VW Bluetooth which I found weird, then I forget the connection on my phone, and disable the Bluetooth on the pioneer unit and select the pioneer as the answer free call system and connected the phone with cable for apple car play, I tried again pressing the voice for more than a second and now it worked.
Is working now, so I'm not going to move the settings for now.
Is the Bluetooth VW module part of the carnet system?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:03 pm

I'm not sure if they're technically part of the same system, or if they're just two separate modules that work together. Either way, CarNet is not able to be retained at this time.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Volkswagen”