2012 Mk6 VW GTI, DNX994S with no MFD nav

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
sheldonbotha
New User

2012 Mk6 VW GTI, DNX994S with no MFD nav

Post by sheldonbotha » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi guys

Hoping you have a simple solution here.
I just got my 2012 GTI installed with a Maestro RR and a Kenwood DNX994S, everything is working perfectly except the MFD navigation option. (It's missing).

I noted only after I got my vehicle back, that the audio shop who did my install didn't disconnect the Compass Module in the rear headliner.
I popped the trim and disconnected the compass module once I realized this and started the DNX994S back up.

The Navigation option (which my model vehicle never had in the MFD with the base model OEM radio) is still missing.
I attempted to reset the Kenwood DNX994S but still do not see this option.

Since the compass module was not disconnected before the install as per the instructions in the manual, what steps would I need to take to have my vehicle get the "Navigation" option in my MFD display menu now?

Thanks much, so far the RR is amazing!

Kind regards

Sheldon

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2012 Mk6 VW GTI, DNX994S with no MFD nav

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:23 am

You could try a reset on the RR- now that the compass is unplugged, that should likely get it going. This can be done in the radio menus of the Kenwood- go under settings, to the OEM setup, and under maestro module, you will see an option for module master reset.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

sheldonbotha
New User

Re: 2012 Mk6 VW GTI, DNX994S with no MFD nav

Post by sheldonbotha » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:03 pm

That worked perfectly.

I went into the settings gear icon->AV->OEM Setup->Maestro Module->Master Reset