15 Renegade-Kenwood DDX775BH Reverse camera stays on

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
DrCos
New User

15 Renegade-Kenwood DDX775BH Reverse camera stays on

Post by DrCos » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:46 am

So liking the installation with the RR and CH3X harness, connected the OBD2 connector per other posts here to get the OEM functions back (except turning off DRLs).
Problem is if I go into reverse after starting up the vehicle (typical in most parking lots), the backup camera will often get stuck on the display, where no button will clear it and I have to shut the radio off and then back on to clear this. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be a problem.

Any thoughts?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 15 Renegade-Kenwood DDX775BH Reverse camera stays on

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:55 am

Meter the purple/white wire. Does it ONLY show voltage when you're in reverse? Or does it also show voltage on that wire when the camera image is stuck up? This will isolate which piece of hardware is the issue.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:39 am

one question for you, when you start the Jeep up and the radio boots up there is a warning screen that comes up, do you hit the "OK" button then put the Jeep into reverse?

try something if you do, when you start the Jeep and the warning screen appears don't push the "OK" and put the car in reverse, back up, then put the car in drive and see if it gets stuck.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

DrCos
New User

Post by DrCos » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Dara, I will have to hook up a pigtail so I can put a meter on that when it does that, and let you know.
Bill, what happens is, start the Jeep, Kenwood screen comes on, shift into R, reverse camera comes on, shift out of R. Sometimes the camera stays on for 10 or 15 sec, then I get the warning screen. Sometimes the camera stays on, and I have to turn the radio off and back on (I have waited at least 2-3 minutes).

DrCos
New User

Post by DrCos » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:40 am

I haven't put the pigtail on as the problem isn't happening as much. It seems like there's a time period while the Kenwood is booting up that the reverse cam sticks, and before or after that it's fine.
Interesting, it happened once last week, and the camera screen stayed on (guidelines) but the video was blacked out over 40 mph or so.

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”