Audio Cable Erratic Behavior

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
starkca90
New User

Audio Cable Erratic Behavior

Post by starkca90 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:17 pm

I have a '13 Impala + Pioneer AVH-2330NEX (Firmware 8.32) + ADS-RR(SR)-GM05-DS (512) (2.7) flashed to RR

For a while, I noticed either whenever I pressed the physical buttons on the head unit or the OnStar buttons on the rear view mirror or some other unknown event occurred, the head unit would display the phone book menu and no matter what I pressed (on screen or physical), the phone book could keep appearing and I would lose steering wheel control. Similar behavior was experience in Android Auto. The only way I found to temporarily resolve this was to turn off the car and open the door (AKA power down the head unit).

Today, I got really annoyed with it, so I pulled everything out and started disconnecting wiring to see if I could isolate the issue. Lucky for me, the first wire I pulled appears to have resolved the issue (or at the very least, I cannot duplicate the erratic behavior previously mentioned). That cable was the audio cable between the RR and the head unit.

With the audio cable removed, if I press the OnStar button, the head unit goes into "OnStar mode" (no audio of course), but when I press the "TALK" button, on the head unit, it behaves like I hung up the call... Not sure if that is Pioneer's way of saying "hey idiot, I don't have audio" or if this is a symptom to some other issue.

Granted, I'm not too fussed about this as the only functionality I am missing is talking to OnStar (have the SiriusXM SXV300), but I guess it would be nice if I could get full functionality out of the gear I purchased.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Audio Cable Erratic Behavior

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:50 am

Make sure there is nothing plugged into the radio where it says W/R. The audio cable supplied should go into AUX.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”