2013 gmc sierra no steering wheel controls

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
mdoged
New User

2013 gmc sierra no steering wheel controls

Post by mdoged » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:13 am

Hey i just installed a pioneer 2330nex and a maestro rr with gm5+. I flashed the maestro and wired it up. It turns on and works but doesn't have any steering wheels controls. When i go to settings in the pioneer the oem setup is grayed out and wont allow me to select it. It also doesn't show any vehicle info even though i have the obd2 plug hooked up. And the volume is also low. Have to max out headunit to get normal listening volume.

Any help is appreciated.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2013 gmc sierra no steering wheel controls

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:35 am

It sounds like you didn't hook your data cable (the all black, 4-pin cable that runs between the maestro and the radio). Make sure it is in the black port of the RR (not the red or blue).

When you wired up your speakers, it sounds like you didn't cut out the black, heat-shrinked circuit boards on the speaker lines. Remove those and your volume will be a normal level.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”