Need help troubleshooting my Maestro RR

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Hubbrob
New User

Need help troubleshooting my Maestro RR

Post by Hubbrob » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:47 pm

I recently installed a Kenwood DMX7704S with the Maestro RR gm5 kit in a 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 non Bose or navigation with Onstar. When I first flashed my maestro I could not find the correct kenwood model so i picked Other with bluetooth. After install everything jived. All the steering wheel keys worked fine. I was browsing the Maestro website and realized that the correct model was on there so I reflashed my Maestro to the correct model. After reassembly I noticed the steering wheel keys are not functioning at all. I have reflashed it twice with the settings I want and it is still not working. Any ideas?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Need help troubleshooting my Maestro RR

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:21 am

The install type is different if you choose "other with bluetooth", so you got the wrong install guide for your specific radio. You're probably missing the all black, 4-pin data cable that goes between the RR and the radio. Make sure it goes in the black port of the maestro, and the port on the radio that says "iDatalink I/F". See the link below for the correct guide:

http://images.idatalink.com/corporate/C ... 170523.pdf
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Hubbrob
New User

Post by Hubbrob » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:27 pm

I have already updated the wiring to the correct schematic. Spent about an hour on the phone with idatalink customer service troubleshooting. It appears that my maestro never successfully flashed. On my end it shows successful but on the techs end every time it had failed. He recommended turning off firewall but still no success. I Dont have another PC to try it on or another network so the tech recommended going to a best buy or idatalink installer. Any ideas?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:36 am

If that's the case, yes, i recommend a friend or neighbor with a PC, or one of the options you listed above. If it doesn't successfully flash, then we're really likely to have functionality issues.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”