Maestro RR and GM3; no HMI; what do i connect backup cam to?

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
chippychip72
New User

Maestro RR and GM3; no HMI; what do i connect backup cam to?

Post by chippychip72 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:21 pm

I just installed the rr with the GM3 but have no idea how to connect the backup cam. The screen goes black when in reverse but no cam feed shows up. I've tried several different ways of connecting, but no luck. I tried connecting to to the wires labeled below, which according to GM would be the cam + and -, but I still get nothing. Am I missing something?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Maestro RR and GM3; no HMI; what do i connect backup cam to?

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:01 am

Those wires are correct. Make sure the gray/yellow is the camera + and the white/blue is camera -.

There isn't really anything to it- the truck powers the camera, and all the maestro does is changes the screen to the reverse input when you change gears. If you have a black screen, it could be the wiring of the camera signal, or you're hooked into the wrong input.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

chippychip72
New User

Post by chippychip72 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:59 pm

I've continued trying to work out this issue to no avail. When I go into reverse, those two wires never give me 5 volts, which I assume they should. What could I be missing?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 am

There wont be a true 5 volt signal coming from the wires, as it is an analog video signal not voltage. As previously mentioned, the thing the RR does is switch the radio over to the reverse input. The video signal is coming from the connection you made on those two wires at pins 4 & 5. check your connections and if they aren't soldered and taped, I would recommend that as the preferred method of connection.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”