Maestro SW volume problem - 2006 Lexus RX400h

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
prunyan59
New User

Maestro SW volume problem - 2006 Lexus RX400h

Post by prunyan59 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:10 am

I have a Pioneer AVH-1330NEX head unit. I bought the Maestro SW steering wheel control adapter for it. My Lexus has buttons on both sides of the steering wheel.

I flashed the unit, all went well. I installed the unit, and used positap connectors to wire it in. When the Maestro SW is plugged into the head unit, and the head unit is powered on, at first there is no sound. Any attempt to turn the volume up causes the head unit to get louder and louder with no further button pressing. The volume just keeps increasing all by itself. It fact, the only way to keep it from increasing all the way to full is to continuously press the volume down button on the head unit.

When I unplug the Maestro SW from the back of the head unit, the problem does not occur. So it's definitely something with the Maestro SW or the wiring that is causing the issue. I have checked the wiring diagram and all of the correct wire colors are present at the indicated pins on the factory harness, and I have wired the Maestro exactly as indicated on the wiring guide.

Firmware version on the Pioneer AVH-1330NEX is 08.29

Are the positaps the issue? It seemed like the most elegant way to wire the SW into the Lexus wiring harness, without having to strip wires and so forth. So maybe this is an electrical resistance issue?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Maestro SW volume problem - 2006 Lexus RX400h

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:22 am

It sounds like the SW's red and black power wires might have a poor connection. When it doesn't have power, the Pioneer's volume will shoot up. I recommend removing positaps and using no connector at all. See below for how to do a military splice (wire to wire connection).
militarysplice.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro SW”