2015 Kia Soul with Sony WX-900BT

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
mpainter
New User

2015 Kia Soul with Sony WX-900BT

Post by mpainter » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Hello,
I have successfully installed the head unit and the steering wheel interface. The buttons do perform their correct functions. The only issue is that about half the time when I press a button it registers that it was pressed multiple times. For example, if I press the volume up once it may raise the volume one level or 3-4 levels. If I press the button for the next song sometimes it advances correctly or it skips a few seconds ahead instead.

I have everything soldered and I have used heat shrink to protect the connections.

Do I need to add a filter somewhere to reduce noise? The stock head unit worked well with the steering wheel controls.

Thank you,
Michael

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2015 Kia Soul with Sony WX-900BT

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:45 am

There's not really a way to reduce noise. When you press each steering wheel button, the light on the SW should flash a different number of times for each button. How many flashes do you get for each button?

I'm curious if the maestro is just seeing a single button press, or if it's acting as if it's seeing you press the button multiple times. Counting the flashes will tell us.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro SW”