Maestro SW and 2013 camaro config...

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
rdsesq
New User

Maestro SW and 2013 camaro config...

Post by rdsesq » Sun May 21, 2017 7:12 am

It looks like we camaro owners are stuck with just the Maestro SW (No RR kit available...rats!!!!)

From a program function standpoint. I am getting a Pioneer AVIC-8201NEX, and I want to install a front and rear camaer as well. It is possible to use Maestro SW to program a steering wheel button. Lets say "SRC" and press hold for 3-5 seconds, to put the Pioneer AVIC 8201 NEX into that 2nd camera mode automatically through programming the button function via Maestro SW?

I know that the Pioneer AVIC 8021-NEX has a Maestro RR port, but, the harness isn't available. So trying to figure out if the Maestro SW can perform such functions.

P.S. For FWIW, I'd take a RR unit even if it was missing all the bells and whistles. If the prototype that was under development did everything but climate control, I'm OK with not have that feature in a RR system to gain the other options it provides. Again, just my $0.02, but I'd gladly pay and extra 100 over standard retail for the RR unit, even if it didn;t have 100% of the bells and whistles.

Any info on the Maestro SW programming capabilities appreciated.
thanks,

rob

p.s.
yes still holding out hope that an RR will be released soon, but if the project has been mothballed, lets just get a final word, and the camaro folks waiting on it to go after martket can know for sure and make their decisions accordingly. Many thanks.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Maestro SW and 2013 camaro config...

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon May 22, 2017 9:18 am

rdsesq wrote: From a program function standpoint. I am getting a Pioneer AVIC-8201NEX, and I want to install a front and rear camaer as well. It is possible to use Maestro SW to program a steering wheel button. Lets say "SRC" and press hold for 3-5 seconds, to put the Pioneer AVIC 8201 NEX into that 2nd camera mode automatically through programming the button function via Maestro SW?
This is not possible. When it comes to the steering wheel controls, we are limited to the functions that Pioneer writes into their radio protocols.

We pulled the RR coverage for the camaro temporarily because our solution will not work with other brands of dash kit. We are still making one, but I do not have an ETA at this time.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro SW”