2014 Ford Fiesta SWC not listed

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
Tomakze
New User

2014 Ford Fiesta SWC not listed

Post by Tomakze » Sat May 13, 2017 2:12 pm

I am a professional installer, and I have a 2014 Ford Fiesta SFE with a Kenwood KDC-BT568U installed, and I'd love to use the Maestro SW for my steering wheel controls, because as far as I can tell, it is the only module that can fully retain the OEM functions (such as voice commands and seek-up/end call). The Fiesta is not listed as compatible, however. So I pulled up AllData to see why, and as far as I can tell, it is a resistance based system, which should be compatible. There are two wires coming from the clock spring (the diagram clearly shows resistors for each button) which are grey/yellow and blue/white. They are then split into three directions, one set goes to the steering column multifunction switch, another goes to the sync module (APIM), and finally the last set goes to the front control/display interface module (FCDIM). Using the the instructions for the Axxess ASWC-1, they tell me to cut the grey/yellow wire before it goes into the display (FCDIM), wire that to the ASWC-1, and then ground the blue/white wire as reference. If I follow these instructions for the Maestro, will that work? I can't see any reason why it wouldn't... but that makes me wonder if there is a reason why the engineers at ADS haven't released firmware for it. This car has remained virtually the same since 2011, so they have had plenty of time. What's the deal? I'd like to know a little more before I order a Maestro SW. Thanks so much in advance!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta SWC not listed

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon May 15, 2017 8:35 am

If your vehicle is resistance-based, you can choose the "my steering wheel isn't listed" option on the website, and it will give you the option to manually enter your resistance values for a custom firmware. Alldata may even have the values listed somewhere for you to enter. If not, you simply meter the circuit and input the values on the site.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro SW”