2010 Ford F-150 + SW + pioneer avic-4100nex

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
catchsumzs
New User

2010 Ford F-150 + SW + pioneer avic-4100nex

Post by catchsumzs » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:39 am

Long story short I have the steering wheel controls working for the Volume, tracks, and tuner, but I cannot get the voice portion to work. The instructions just seem vague to me for the "feed" wire. Unless I am doing it wrong.

Hooked up the following:
Purple/Red to vehicles Pin A18 which was Gray/Yellow
Pink/Red to the Sync harness, Blue/Orange. I cut the B/O wire and it's on the steering wheel side, not the Sync side.
Black/White - This is where I am confused. To me this says I should connect the Black/White wire from the SW to the Brown/Green (Pin A19) and white/violet. I tried the white/violet on the stereo harness and it's a speaker wire. Don't think this is the right one. I then tried the white/violet wire that was in the sync harness with the Blue/Orange wire. I also cut it and connected only to the White/Violet wire without connecting to the Brown/Green (pin A19). I am pretty sure this is where I am confused though.
Accessory and Ground are good. In fact, I do have control over everything except the "Talking, phone, and ok" buttons.

Thank you,
Kris

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2010 Ford F-150 + SW + pioneer avic-4100nex

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:15 am

Do you have factory navigation or was the original radio a base radio?
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

catchsumzs
New User

Post by catchsumzs » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:13 am

Base radio.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:18 am

If you have the base radio, then you don't need to attach to the second feed wire. You only need to attach the pink/red to the cut blue/orange wire, on the side away from the sync module. If you have those connections made and are still having issues, please give us a call when you have access to the module and can go thru some steps with us on the phone.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Maestro SW”