Aux and RCA Connections to Pioneer NEX and Aftermarket Ports

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
CamryLink
New User

Aux and RCA Connections to Pioneer NEX and Aftermarket Ports

Post by CamryLink » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 pm

Planning to install a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX with the RR box in a non-JBL 2011 Camry LE. No aftermarket amp. I'm also adding two dual ports into the console: a USB / HDMI which will be into USB1 on the Pioneer and a USB / 3.5mm Aux, going into USB2. The question is the Aux cable. I assumed I would hook this up direct to the head unit, but the Maestro instructions state:

NOTE:
In Pioneer radios: plug Audio cable in auxiliary input of
the radio.

I assume this means install the 4-pin male / 3.5mm male cable from the Maestro box (port D) to the head unit. But is that cable only if you have an OEM Aux port and you want to keep it? I will definitely be connecting the other male / male 4-pin connector (port H to head unit), but I don't know about the Aux connection. With two USB ports, I doubt I rarely use the Aux port as an input anymore, but I don't want to lose any core head unit functionality by making the wrong connection choice.

I'm also confused about the two Red and White male RCA plugs on the T01 harness labeled 'Aux Input'. Are they to connect to the the female ports on the head unit (next to the USB ports, below the Brown aftermarket camera video port), or are they to be connected to the RCA pigtails out of the head unit that are tagged 'Audio Input' instead?

billr
ADS Team

Re: Aux and RCA Connections to Pioneer NEX and Aftermarket Ports

Post by billr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:24 pm

Hello,
I'll hopefully be able to get your questions answered so you can start enjoying your new radio. In some Toyota vehicles there is a USB Media Player that you would plug your phone or USB stick into and play music through, your Camry may or may not have it. The audio cable that we supply takes that audio from the USB Media Player and brings it into the radio through that 3.5mm aux.
Now with you adding your USB/3.5mm, as long as you don't mind not using that USB Media Player (if your Camry has it) you can plug your USB/3.5mm adapter in.

As for the Red and White rca's that are labeled "Aux In", you would connect them to the rca pigtail coming out the Pioneer labeled "Aux In".

Hopefully I made it less confusing for you.
Bill
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

CamryLink
New User

Re: Aux and RCA Connections to Pioneer NEX and Aftermarket Ports

Post by CamryLink » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:05 pm

Bill,

This is exactly the information I need. My OEM radio only has an Aux input; I'm not sure the base models even had a USB port as an option (this is my main reason for upgrading). The infor on the RCA plugs is great too as I was leaning towards the port, not the pigtails.

Thanks so much.

Return to “Maestro RR”