usb cable not detected- maestro rr in not able to flash

Find answers to common installation issues with the WebLink Updater.
ajithms4u@gmail.com
New User

usb cable not detected- maestro rr in not able to flash

Post by ajithms4u@gmail.com » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:10 pm

i bought a Maestro RR for my jeep wrangler Pioneer audio unit.
installed weblink updater plug in. But getting error message " usb cable not detected - Please ensure that your RS-232/USB cable is properly connected to your PC. "

I tried to go to All Programmes >Automotive Solution Inc> Installed ADS USB driver. Nothing worked.
Last two days I am researching and doing traial and error methods :(
cant able to connect to support via Teamviewer.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: usb cable not detected- maestro rr in not able to flash

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Is the RR connected to anything other than the computer? It cannot be plugged into the vehicle when you're trying to flash it, or the computer cannot detect it.

If you look in the devices and printers/device manager, does the module show up? If so, does it show as unknown, or as Weblink?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

ajithms4u@gmail.com
New User

Post by ajithms4u@gmail.com » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:10 am

First i tried to flash this with another PC having windows 8. Then i got the error message as " usb cable not detected" . Itried ao many times, by the time mistakenly i clicked the flashing Demo version and i thought that it has been flashed. I connexted that to the vehicle with harness CH1 but steering wheel controll was not working, then i realised that i just did the demo flashing only. Now i am trying with another PC having windows 10 and internet explorer.
I think PC is communicating with device, because when i plug in the devide i can see one more device in Device manager under> Ports(COM & LPT) - named as USB Serial Device(COM3)
Onetime i plugged the device before installing the weblink plug in. After that i installed ADS USB driver from the All Programmes Automotive Data Solition Inc. :(

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:35 am

The device must be seen on the pc as Weblink (COM3). If it doesn't detect as weblink, the driver isn't running properly.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

ajithms4u@gmail.com
New User

Post by ajithms4u@gmail.com » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:41 am

So how can i do this?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:47 am

Is the computer's operating system in english? Or is it in another language? It will only work in english or french operating systems.

Do you know why you are unable to use team viewer? It's very hard to help if we can't see it, especially through written communication on a forum.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

ajithms4u@gmail.com
New User

Post by ajithms4u@gmail.com » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:02 am

There is no issue with my team viewer, it is working fine.
When i try to conmect with idatalink suport team it says your partner is offline.

Here is my teamviewer ID- 777618653

ajithms4u@gmail.com
New User

Post by ajithms4u@gmail.com » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:03 am

My operating system is in English.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:27 am

Please call us at the number in my signature, give us the TV id and password, and we can help you.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

wolf
New User

Post by wolf » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Solution/Solved to start off my specs:
lenovo z570
2gb nvidia[ graphics dont affect your flashing]
8gb ram
750gb hdd
Win 7 service pack1
core i5 2430m [win]

ADS Module #3
AL (640 V1.24)
Manufct date 2017.12.12
Guide;
So to start it may not detect on your computer device manager at first, it'll show "unknown device" and also "Ads device ....something something." this is shown under other devices Menu or Software devices[windows 8 to win 10]
Step 1. Download and install the weblink [bookmark it] updater aka in your start menu "automotive Data Soultions" Kill all notification icons that aren't necessary at bottom left of your screen, [includes virtual cd/dvd software and auto updaters] you will need to do this again at reboot.
step 2. Ensure no other usb devices are connected to your pc [im not a mac user fck that shit]
this includes USB mouses/keyboards/external wifi cards etc. except for the idatalink alca.
step 3. Go to device manager/other devices and remove the "unknown device", and also "ADS device", by right clicking on the item and select uninstall [both may have a warning triangle of doom beside it]
step 4. Reboot your computer, with the device plugged in. Kill all notification icons that aren't necessary at bottom left of your screen, [includes virtual cd/dvd software and auto updaters]
step 5. Proceed to Device manager, if the computer detected your device successfully then it will assign a com port for the iDatalink without any warning triangle.[if not proceed to next step below]
step 6. FInd this location C:\Program Files (x86)\ADS\WebLinkActiveX, give permission to the folder[see here -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytmYVbMEsGg]
step 7. Open the folder you just gave permissions to and locate the file -CDM20814_Setup.exe, right click on the executable and run as administrator.
At this point you may hear the USB sound of joy initialize that its found the device, and your noticfications will show 'usb device successfully installed'. Take note of your device manager box as well, the idata link will become identified, as a USB serial port COM3[this # is and example only may no be the same on your computer] located under Ports (Com/LPT).
Step 8. reconnect your external device as norm, go to IE and login, flash module and your device will be detected. [if the website severs are down contact idatalink for that i have no answer if the webpage doesnt load for you, FYI i did this on a sunday between hours of 3-5 pm UTC -5 EST Eastern Standard Time.

cred:
Emanuel
Primera Tech Support

Return to “Weblink Updater”