Weblink update plugin required

Find answers to common installation issues with the WebLink Updater.
BillMyers1975
New User

Weblink update plugin required

Post by BillMyers1975 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:08 pm

I have followed the instructions. Downloaded/updated Jave, ActiveX, running above Windows 7, and have internet explorer 9. Idid all that and it finally let me download the weblink. I try and flash, and I get " Weblink update plugin required" I downloaded again, and again. I deleted 7 downloads. It will not let me flash my module

Murph
Site Admin

Re: Weblink update plugin required

Post by Murph » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:07 am

Make sure Active X filtering is not turned on. That will stop the program from completing the installation.
Brian Murphy
MECP Advanced Certified Installer
ADS Tech Support
Automotive Data Solutions inc.
8400, Bougainville, Montreal, QC.
1-866-427-2999
support@idatalink.com

psmiguel
New User

Post by psmiguel » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Hi, I'm having the same issue as Bill, trying to set up the weblink properly on my computer using the Explorer 11 with all the Activex settings done and the Weblink keeps prompting the message "Weblink update plug in required". I tried several times, installing it, fixing it, but still the same thing, the message is always there! Please any inputs would be much appreciated.
Thanks!!

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:11 pm

what version of windows are you running? There is currently an issue with some new updates that were done to windows 7. You would be best to call out tech support department and we could get more info and walk you thru the process.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

psmiguel
New User

Post by psmiguel » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:43 pm

Thanks, will ring the tech support to be more proactive as suggested.
All the best

Vasili
New User

Post by Vasili » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:31 pm

I'm having the same problem after attempting to flash the module. I get the message 'Weblink Update Plugin Required'

I have installed the plugin and have deactivated the Active X filter. Running Windows 7 and Explorer 8+

I wanted to get this done by tomorrow. Any available support on Saturday? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vasili

Murph
Site Admin

Post by Murph » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:50 am

Vasili wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:31 pm
I'm having the same problem after attempting to flash the module. I get the message 'Weblink Update Plugin Required'

I have installed the plugin and have deactivated the Active X filter. Running Windows 7 and Explorer 8+

I wanted to get this done by tomorrow. Any available support on Saturday? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vasili
There is a pop up that asks you to allow the program to complete installation. If you close that popup without pressing allow, then you need to uninstall and reinstall the program.
Brian Murphy
MECP Advanced Certified Installer
ADS Tech Support
Automotive Data Solutions inc.
8400, Bougainville, Montreal, QC.
1-866-427-2999
support@idatalink.com

Return to “Weblink Updater”