USB not detected.... AGAIN!

Find answers to common installation issues with the WebLink Updater.
AndreUK
New User

USB not detected.... AGAIN!

Post by AndreUK » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi there,

Like many of the people in this forum I am receiving 'the USB not detected' message. I have followed your instructions meticulously, on no less than 3 separate PC's now, and have tested two separate USB cable connectors. I'm using Windows 10 (I.E). I have installed the drivers from your website BEFORE plugging the device in and still am getting the same message. Please note - the LED indicator on the Maestro never lights up - just thought I'd let you know as I've seen this comment in other threads.

My dash board is wide open - and I've spent the whole day trying to resolve this to no avail.

I'm based in the UK - but purchased the Maestro RR in the US over Xmas as I have a US imported Jeep Wrangler and am trying to fit a Kenwood Car play (DMX7704s).

Appreciate it might be best I connect with customer services - are we able to do this on Skype, else I suspect its going to be a long, expensive long-distance call for me from the UK.

Thanks.

Andre

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: USB not detected.... AGAIN!

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:49 am

If you look in your Device Manager, is the maestro showing up? It may show as an unknown device, or it may show as "Weblink".
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

age2017
New User

Post by age2017 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:16 pm

hi everyone. i spend more than 6 hour with the same problem. and today i try something different.
i using win 7 ultimate. try this:
uninstall everything
open internet explorer and go to idatalink web and download and install again the Weblink Updater 6.3 Plugin but
do not plug the usbupdater yet.
soon the installation its done, go to IE internet options, go to advanced under reset internet explorer settings
click reset, its going to open a small window, check the option to deleted personal settings.
its going to ask to restart you pc. go for it.
pc is on, go to flash your module, its going to pop in the bottom asking to ( allow ), i always check ( allow all page ).
hopefully works for you and everyone!!!!!

jersdungeon
New User

Post by jersdungeon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:54 pm

I too am having this issue and have tried everything suggested here with not luck. Any other ideas?

wharriso
New User

Post by wharriso » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:05 pm

I had that problem with my DSR1 this morning. I fixed it by plugging in the DSR1 then opening device manager, right-click on the computer name and select "scan for hardware changes". After that I open "Ports(COM & LPT)". It shows up as WEBLINK (COM6)".

I have to do that every time I plug the thing in. I guess it's just not quite "plug n play".

Return to “Weblink Updater”